Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I don't want to relax my hair yet!

I am 9 months post relaxer. I'm so used to stretching I really don't mind it. I'm just really nervous to see if my hair will be healthy or not..I used to care a lot about having length, but I stopped caring mostly, I just want my hair to be in better shape than it was before. Up until the summer before my senior year of last year(2009-2010) I would straighten my hair everyday with NO HEAT PROTECTANT. Ahhh i was stupid. A month before my senior year started in high school i had senior pictures and the guy noticed how thin and shorter it was in the middle back of my hair!! I wanted to cry so bad. I've always had from shoulder length to armpit length but it thinned out and got shorter because i didnt take care of it properly. So hopefully now that i've started my "hair journey" my hair will grow healthier and even out. My short term goal is APL and my long term is somewhere between BSL and MBL. That could take a couple years, but I don't mind. Hair hasn't been the biggest worry for me as much as it used to. All I need is a good sew in if i want long hair. It being my own won't make me look any different, but it would be nice to learn how to style and treat my own hair.

Wish me luck! Good luck with whatever journeys you have!

2 comments: